The month of June doesn’t only mean beautiful weather is on the way. Aside from summer being in the air, the month of June is designated for bringing awareness to Men’s health! Statistically, men die five years earlier than women, on average. Men’s Health Month aims to educate men on their health and how they can improve it.
Throughout the month of June, men’s health is celebrated nationwide with health fairs, health education, and outreach activities to promote awareness. During this time, health care providers, policymakers, and the media are encouraged to urge men to seek out regular medical advice and early treatment of diseases and injuries. At Integrative Cardiology Center of Long Island, we are dedicated to promoting men’s overall health and wellness. Our holistic nutritionist in Nassau County is aware that it can be easy to forget about some healthy habits throughout your daily routine.
How can you make healthy improvements?
There are things that we all can do to help promote men’s health. Encouraging a healthier lifestyle is the first step. This can be accomplished by incorporating the following into your day to day life:
- Encourage regular physicals: Many of the things that contribute to men’s shorter life span are easily preventable. Many men do not see doctors on a regular basis, although they should. Men in the United States see primary health care providers significantly less than women do. Promoting regular physicals among men can be the first step in improving men’s health and detecting any issues that they may have before it is too late.
- Encourage physical activity: Many men, especially older men, are not as physically active as they should be. When life gets busy and work gets tough, it is difficult for many men to find the motivation to exercise. Try exercising with the men in your life to help motivate them to get active. Joining a recreation league, going on walks together, or attending personal training sessions are easy and fun ways to stay active together!
- Encourage healthy eating: It is no secret that many men do not eat the healthiest diet. Cooking healthy food for the men at home and promoting a healthy lifestyle can be a good way to get them on the right track. If this is an area you may struggle in, there is a holistic nutritionist in Nassau County that can guide you in the right direction.
- Show that you care: It is common for men to disregard their own health because they feel as though they need to dedicate their time to other things like work or taking care of everyone else in their family. Remind the men in your life that you need them to stay healthy so that they will be around long enough to see their family grow.
A big part of men’s health is their cardiac health. The heart is something that we cannot see, so heart problems are difficult to detect without seeing a doctor regularly to check on it. Heart disease is the leading cause of death among men in the United States, so it is important that you encourage regular doctor’s visits among men and make sure they know the signs of an unhealthy heart. Luckily, there is a holistic nutritionist in Nassau County that can advise you on healthy changes you should be making as well as the signs that may alert you to make these changes:
- Chest pain
- Pain that extends into the arm
If any of the above information relates to you or a man in your life, make sure they seek out professional care immediately. At Integrative Cardiology Center of Long Island, our holistic nutritionist in Nassau County aims to ensure your lifestyle is as healthy as possible. In honor of Men’s Health Month, we want the men in our lives to be healthy today and every other day. Celebrate Men’s Health Month the right way, and make sure the men in your life are maintaining their health and avoiding becoming a statistical norm. Start your health journey today by contacting ICCLI to set up an appointment.