Integrative Cardiology Center of Long Island is here to protect you from cardiovascular risks your body may be exposed to. What happens, however, when these risks are perpetuated by your own immune system? Diseases such as sarcoidosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and other inflammatory conditions pose a threat to your internal organs, which can result in the accumulation of granulomas, or inflammation in the lungs, heart, kidneys, and eyes. If you are looking for a holistic cardiologist in Nassau County, contact us at Integrative Cardiology Center of Long Island. Led by Dr. Regina Druz who is board-certified in cardiovascular disease and an internal medicine specialist, our certified nutritionist, Carolina Brooks, and our dietitian Jacqueline Thompson. At ICCLI, we offer patients a holistic approach to medicine. This means educating our population with lifestyle and diet changes that help decrease the development of cardiovascular disease, including heart attack and stroke.
It may be time to visit a holistic cardiologist in Nassau County if you’re experiencing the following issues:
- You are having trouble losing weight – Obesity, and difficulty shedding pounds is very common in inflammatory conditions. It may be the result of diabetes in which insulin become immune to glucose and cannot lower glucose levels.
- You struggle with a mood disorder – If you are feeling down without a specific trigger, this may be a sign that your inflammatory disorder is not well controlled. High inflammation rates have been linked to depression, bipolar disorder, and sudden changes in mood.
- You get sick often – It takes young people 2-3 days to recover from a respiratory illness. For elderly people, it may take up to one week. However, if you feel like you are getting sick often and it is taking a long time to recover, there may be an underlying disorder going on. Modifying your sleep habits, diet, and stress levels are crucial to avoiding getting sick often. We offer a multi-faceted approach to ensure you have the best road to recovery at Integrative Cardiology Center of Long Island.
- You have lingering symptoms – This includes lingering symptoms such as sinusitis, chronic diarrhea, gastritis, GERD, numbness, trouble sleeping, sensitivity to hot and cold, and thinning of the hair. Lingering symptoms may be due to an underlying cause such as a hormone disorder, especially with the thyroid hormone, or a rheumatological disorder due to chronic inflammation.
- You have abnormal lab values – By visiting our holistic cardiologist in Nassau County, you can learn more about common inflammatory markers that may appear in abnormal lab values. Below are common inflammatory markers that occur when symptoms are not controlled: Elevated High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (HS-CRP), high ESR values, High levels of homocysteine, elevated ferritin in the blood, elevated cholesterol values including HDL, elevated eosinophils or monocytes in the blood, and elevated blood glucose values.
If you are looking for a holistic cardiologist in Nassau County that can help improve your health and well being while addressing issues of potential inflammation, book an appointment with us today. The resources we offer our patients are set in place to help improve your lifestyle and wellness as a whole. Contact us today to get started!