Holistic Cardiology and
Functional Medicine Consult
A holistic cardiology and functional medicine consult is an hour-long, in-depth evaluation using detailed history intake, review of prior test and procedures, and functional medicine assessments to identify root causes of heart and vascular disease, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, and metabolic syndrome. The root causes are related to inflammation, toxicity, hormonal imbalance, stress and nutritional deficiencies. A holistic cardiology and functional medicine consult is appropriate for the following patients:
1. Patients with established heart disease, or with a family history of heart disease in a first degree relative, especially if younger than 60 years old.
2. Patients with early atherosclerosis (positive calcium score, or abnormal vascular ultrasound), or genetic carriers of high-risk single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), such as 9p21 and/or MTHFR C677T.
3. Patients with disordered cholesterol metabolism, especially if intolerant of statin medications, or preferring to avoid them.
4. Patients with ongoing inflammation, related to autoimmune and inflammatory disorders, including those with elevated inflammatory markers, such as high-sensitivity C-reactive protein.
5. Patients with metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, pre-diabetes or diabetes.
6. Patients suffering from signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalances, such as irritability, fatigue, excessive weight gain or inability to lose weight, decreased libido, skin and hair changes, temperature intolerance, sleep disturbance, emotional instability.
Holistic and Functional Medicine Consults are provided out-of-network. Holistic and Functional Medicine consult can be performed separately, or as an initial visit for the Fit in Your GENES Program. Please, contact us for more information.